Buz’s Top Five Memories from his First Year at the Hall
NASCAR Hall of Fame historian Buz McKim looks back at the first year of operation here at the Hall and recounts his five favorite memories/occurances. Check them out then add your top memories!
- Never knowing who you will meet in the Hall. Older drivers such as Archie Smith, the last surviving competitor of NASCAR’s first Cup Series race in 1949 and famed car owner Junie Donlavey ,who was a guest of two of his former drivers, Ken Schrader and Ricky Rudd. Trace Atkins, country superstar. Robbie Knievel, motorcycle daredevil and son of the legendary Evel Knievel. Robin Yount, baseball Hall of Famer. Current stars Trevor Bayne, Clint Bowyer and Jamie McMurray to name a few.
- The joy and enthusiasm for the Hall shown by our guests. Most visitors are amazed at the size of the Hall and say it is so much more than they imagined.
- School groups and how students of all ages are awestruck by the Hall and its contents. And their excitement of participating in the Race Week attractions.
- On-site concerts by country stars Sara Evans and Kellie Pickler.
- Working with our Hall of Fame inductees to secure the finest artifacts that will best tell the journey of their respective NASCAR careers.