Source: Press Release
November 17, 2006
What? NASCAR Hall of Fame Public Forum
The public is invited to help refine the visitor’s experience at the NASCAR Hall of Fame. This is a great opportunity to provide suggestions to the architects, exhibit designers and NASCAR and Hall of Fame staff as plans for the facility take shape.
- How should the public spaces be used?
- What exhibits should be featured?
- What kinds of experiences should be created that will appeal to visitors?
Who? Sponsored by the City of Charlotte, CRVA/NASCAR Hall of Fame and NASCAR
- Winston Kelley, executive director of the NASCAR Hall of Fame, will lead the forum
- Ralph Applebaum of Ralph Applebaum and Associates (RAA), exhibit designers and Yvonne Szeto of Pei, Cobb & Freed, design architects, will provide overviews of their work to date
When? Tuesday, December 5, 2006
6:30pm - 8:30pm
Where? Charlotte Convention Center
501 S. College Street
Parking? FREE parking is available in the Brevard Parking Lot on the corner of Stonewall and Brevard Streets. Gates will be open after 5:00pm. For additional parking information and directions, see details below.
RSVP’s are welcomed by calling (704) 331-2729 or e-mailing the Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Contact Information:
City of Charlotte
Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority
CHARLOTTE CONVENTION CENTER AREA PARKING
Where is parking available?
· Just for the Public Forum on December 5, free parking is available in the Brevard Parking Lot on the corner of Stonewall and Brevard Streets. Gates will be open after 5:00pm.
ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â· Parking is also available at prevailing rates in parking lots and towers surrounding the Charlotte Convention Center.
ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â· The Westin Charlotte hotel offers more than 1,600 spaces, conveniently located adjacent to the Charlotte Convention Center.
ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â· Additionally, metered parking is available along many of the main streets in Center City. The majority of parking garages allow free parking after 5:00 pm.
ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â· For additional information, visit http://www.charlotteconventionctr.com/directions.asp