Page is - media
April 29, 2010
NASCAR Hall of Fame®
Grand Opening Sweepstakes
Official Rules of Play
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1) ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal U.S. residents, except residents of Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories and possessions, and winners of the NASCAR Hall of Fame VIP Sweepstakes. Employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, members, personnel, assigns and representatives of NASCAR Hall of Fame (the “Sponsor”), NASCAR, Inc., and its affiliates and each of their respective parent corporation, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, product retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any company involved in the design, execution or production of this promotion (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and members of their immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse), wherever they reside, and those living in the same household of each whether related or not, are not eligible to enter and win. Winners of the NASCAR Hall of Fame VIP Sweepstakes are also not eligible to win. If you are an eligible minor, you should have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter. This sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws, rules and regulations and is void outside of the U. S., in Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law.
2) TIMING: The NASCAR Hall of Fame® Grand Opening Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on April 27, 2010 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on May 4, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
3) HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: There are two (2) ways to enter. 1) PURCHASE METHOD: (i) All eligible NASCAR Hall of Fame® fans who purchase timed-tickets for the May 11, 2010 Grand Opening by May 4, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. ET, will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. (ii) Also, those who are eligible for the Sweepstakes who have previously purchased an annual NASCAR Hall of Fame membership or who purchase an annual membership during the Promotion Period, with said membership designated to start on May 11, 2010, will also be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. (iii) For every individual NASCAR Hall of Fame Grand Opening Day timed-ticket purchased, the purchaser or person for whom the ticket is purchased will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry. (iv) For every qualifying charter membership purchased, the person for whom the membership is purchased will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry. (v) The purchase of a qualifying Pit Crew Family Pack (four memberships) will earn four (4) entries, and purchase of a qualifying Pit Crew Family Pack plus additional qualifying memberships, will earn four (4) entries, plus additional entries equal to the number of additional memberships purchased. Tickets and Memberships are available exclusively through Ticketmaster at www.ticketmaster.com or by phone at 877-231-2010. Or, 2) NON-PURCHASE MAIL METHOD: To enter the Sweepstakes without purchase, hand print your complete name, address, city, state, zip code, daytime and evening phone numbers, and e-mail address (optional) on a clean 3 x 5 card, enclose your entry in a properly addressed and stamped #10 business-size envelope, and mail your entry (limit one (1) entry per envelope) to: NASCAR Hall of Fame Grand Opening Sweepstakes, P. O. Box 15147, St. Louis, MO 63110. Entries must be postmarked by May 4, 2010 and received by May 6, 2010. No mechanically produced entries accepted. Each entry must be mailed in a separate envelope with sufficient postage affixed. Limit one (1) entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one entry by using multiple/different residential addresses, e-mail addresses, identities, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
4) SELECTION OF WINNERS: The potential Sweepstakes winners will be selected, from among all eligible entries received, in a random drawing to be conducted on or about May 6, 2010. Odds of winning depend upon total number of eligible entries received. All potential winners will be notified by e-mail, phone or overnight shipping on or about May 7, 2010, and must satisfy all eligibility and verification requirements in order to be named an official winner of a prize. To receive the prize, potential winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability/Publicity Release (unless prohibited) prior to entering the NASCAR Hall of Fame as scheduled to take place on May 11, 2010 (see prize section below for complete details). If a potential winner fails to sign and return all required documents by May 11, 2010, a prize cannot be accepted as stated in these Official Rules by a winner, Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period, a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, at Sponsor’s discretion and time permitting, prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. If winner is an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign and submit all required winner documentation and must accompany him/her to the induction ceremony included as part of the prize award.
5) PRIZES AVAILABLE: Fifteen (15) Grand Prizes: Each Grand Prize winner will be granted the opportunity to escort a charter NASCAR Hall of Fame inductee or personality into the Hall of Fame scheduled to take place on May 11, 2010 at the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte, North Carolina. Travel and accommodations are not included as part of the prize. The choice of inductee or personality to be escorted by any winner is the sole discretion of NASCAR Hall of Fame management. Only one (1) adult winner may escort an inductee or personality into the Hall of Fame. If winner is a minor, only winner and one (1) parent of legal guardian may escort an inductee or personality. Each winner will also receive a NASCAR Hall of Fame Prize Package (valued at approximately $125.00). The NASCAR Hall of Fame Prize Package includes an assortment of NASCAR Hall of Fame merchandise and memorabilia, choice of which is the sole discretion of NASCAR Hall of Fame management. Winner must be present at the NASCAR Hall of Fame, in Charlotte, North Carolina on May 11, 2010 during the charter members induction ceremonies to receive the prize. The opportunity to escort an inductee or personality has no cash value. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize: $125. All travel and transportation, taxes, meals, beverages and all other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified as being provided are not included as part of the prize and are the sole responsibility of each winner. Total ARV of all prizes available in the Sweepstakes is $1,875.00. Any federal, state and/or local tax liability is the responsibility of the winners. Prizes are not exchangeable, substitutable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash by winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6) GENERAL: By participating, entrants (and if eligible minors, their parents or legal guardians) acknowledge and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator, whose decisions with regard to all aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. The Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, illegible, garbled, inaccurate, delayed, misdirected, postage due or mutilated mail entries or ticket or membership purchases; and all such entries will be disqualified. Furthermore, the Released Parties are not responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries or ticket or membership purchases, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, should any computer virus, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event of termination, Sponsor may, at its discretion, award prizes from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action. Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage or tamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys’ fees) from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
By accepting a prize, each winner (and if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) consents to the posting of his/her name and address as required by law for Winners List purposes and to the use of his/her name, city and state of residence, prize won, voice and/or likeness for advertising/trade/publicity purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without limitation or further compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
By participating, entrants (and if eligible minors, their parents or legal guardians) agree to release and hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims and liability arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of use of the prize, participation in any prize related events (including any travel or activity related thereto) or any participation in this Sweepstakes. Entrants (and if eligible minors, their parents or legal guardians) assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or acceptance of any prize. As a condition of entering, participants (and if eligible minors, their parents or legal guardians) agree that all disputes arising out of this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more than the stated number of prizes.
8) WINNERS LISTS: To obtain the list of winners, available after May 11, 2010, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: NASCAR Hall of Fame Grand Opening Sweepstakes Winners List, PO Box 15196, St. Louis, MO 63110 by May 31, 2010.
Promotion Sponsor: NASCAR Hall of Fame, 501 South College Street, Charlotte, NC 28202. NASCAR, Inc., is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes.
NASCAR® and NASCAR Hall of Fame® are registered trademarks of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. ©2010. Motorsports Images and Archives. Getty Images. Used with permission.