Spark! Full Throttle: Educational Field Trips
Join us for a curriculum- and project-based learning field trip experience at the NASCAR Hall of Fame! During our interactive, STE(A)M-driven sessions, students in pre-K through high school discover how their classroom lessons apply to careers and real-world problem solving.
Let us help you plan a memorable and inspirational field trip!
FIELD TRIP FAQS
- Average Length of Stay: 90 minutes to 3 hours (including 30 minutes for lunch)
- Capacity: From individual classes (20-30) to entire grade levels (300)
- Chaperone/Student Ratio: 1:10(Free). Additional chaperones incur an added cost per person.
- Education Standards: Activities, classes and expansion activities align to state and national standards and support all subject areas with an emphasis on STE(A)M and language arts.
- Class Options: Choose from more than 36 different in staff-facilitated classes, workshops and seminars. (available for additional cost)
- Career Application: No matter their ages, your students will discover new careers through multi-media learning stations.
- Explore the Hall of Fame: We offer opportunities for self-guided exploration of four levels of exhibits and educational SPARK discovery stations.
- Customize Your Visit: Schedules are customized for each chaperone within your group. (provided at least two weeks before your visit)
- Enhance Your Classroom: Expansion lessons and activities are available for you to utilize in the classroom.
AVAILABLE HOURS AND DAYS
- Field Trips can be reserved between 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Earlier booking (at 9 a.m.) may be possible with advance notice.
- Available seven days a week, including Tuesdays, which is the Hall of Fame's designated day for group events, tours and programming.
- Special days for home school or STEM (see calendar or ask our group sales team)
- Students: $11
- Teachers/Chaperones: $18
- School groups receive one free teacher/chaperone for every 10 students.
- Computer-simulated Racing Experience: $3. Students get a chance to experience racing from the driver's perspective by racing up to 13 other individuals in a computer-simulated race. Students need to be at least 54" tall. Recommended for grades 5 and up.
- Souvenir Lanyard: $3 plus tax
- Souvenir Photo: $1 per student. Photo is with either individual chaperone group or class (30) and comes with a digital access pass. Pre-visit arrangement recommended.
- Gear Shop: Our gift shop is located on Level 2. If you wish to have your students visit, please let us know when you arrive. Students (1:10 chaperone ratio) will have staggered opportunities to visit the shop.
The NASCAR Hall of Fame does not have a cafeteria or lunch room directly. Groups are welcome to bring their lunches to eat outside on benches on the Hall of Fame's Plaza or on their buses. Limited pre-order purchase options are available. We offer the following selections (if there is a dietary need, please let us know).
- Hot dog, chips and water: $5
- Chicken tenders, french fries and water: $7
The NASCAR Hall of Fame is located next to City of Charlotte-designated bus lane parking on Brevard Street. Parking is on a first-come first-serve basis and monitored by the City. Please reference our parking information for the best directions. If using GPS for directions, please route to 500 S. Brevard St.
Note: The NASCAR Hall of Fame's official address (400 East Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.) will lead you to the wrong side of the street off I-277.
Chaperone or parent parking: NASCAR Hall of Fame/Charlotte Convention Center parking deck is located on 500 S. Brevard Street. Chaperone or parent parking is not validated. Please visit our parking information page for more details.
Check, cash and credit cards are accepted. Payment is due five (5) business days in advance of the trip and changes can only be made prior to final payment.
Full payment is due five (5) business days in advance. Cancellations within five (5) business days of visit can be rescheduled within a 12-month period.
Note: School tour companies booking as part of a larger tour, please see our tour program for booking. Field trip addmission rates are based on directed school booking.