Policies & Guidelines
The NASCAR Hall of Fame complex has the great advantage of being in a prime location on one of the busiest blocks in Charlotte’s Center City, giving us a unique opportunity to connect with our community in many ways. One way we connect is by allowing local organizations and causes to be represented through the colors on the ribbon of lights that stream across the exterior of our facility.
In an effort to maintain quality control for this valuable community resource, approving a lighting request and how long it is fulfilled is at the sole discretion of the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Applying does not guarantee full approval.
- Each request will be reviewed according to the following terms and conditions:
- Use of the lighting display has a sharp focus on the local community and is intended to support civic causes or matters to encourage community involvement and civic pride. Lighting to promote for-profit enterprises or national initiatives will not be granted.
- The NASCAR Hall of Fame celebrates many cultures, holidays and causes throughout the year. Lighting requests for religious figures, organizations or holidays outside of Christmas, Easter and Hanukkah will not be permitted.
- It is required the applicant provide a viable marketing plan on how the applying cause or organization will be promoted. The plan must include how the applicant will raise awareness of the meaning of the lighting and the efforts of the NASCAR Hall of Fame to participate with the display. The NASCAR Hall of Fame is not responsible for promoting the organization or cause outside of the lighting display.
- All lighting request applications should be submitted at least two weeks from the start date of the lighting event to allow staff and the system enough time to prepare to fulfill the request.
- Once our staff approves an application, the applicant will receive written notification that the request has been granted.
- The NASCAR Hall of Fame has the right to deny, cancel, shorten or interrupt a request at any time. The original applicant will receive written notification if changes are made.
- Applicants must apply each year to be considered and are not automatically guaranteed to be selected again.